Join our club
Making the step to join a running club can be an intimidating step. It need not be.
At the Maryhill Harriers we cater for a mix of running abilities and should be able to match you up with one of our running groups.
We don’t mind if you can’t make it along to every training session. We have runners who attend every Tuesday and Thursday, others who come along just a couple of times per year and some who just turn up for the races.
So no matter how much you use the club, we’d be delighted to welcome you to the Harriers. We’re here to help you become a better runner.
Why join our running club?
- Running with others will give you the motivation to keep at it.
- Learn from others who started off just like you and see what’s possible.
- A great way to meet fellow runners.
- You might find a hidden competitive side. A friendly rivalry can go a long way to improving your performance.
- Learn to vary your runs with a mix of speed sessions, short and long runs and find new running routes in your local area.
- We are a community focused club supporting our local schools, events, parkrun and charities.
Information for seniors
As long as you can run for 60 minutes we’re sure we’ll be able to match you up with similar runners. If you’re not quite at that stage yet, you might find it useful to join a local Jog Scotland group first.
Our members compete in a variety of races ranging from 3k to ultra-marathons, including road races, cross country, trail and hill races, and team relays.
Our current 10k times range from about 36 to 60 minutes.
Club training is Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm. We occasionally put on strength and conditioning classes and club members often organise Sunday Social runs which are done at a nice easy pace.
Information for juniors
Training is provided by Scottish Athletics qualified coaches with an emphasis on fun.
The junior section caters for 9 to 16 year olds.
Our juniors compete in a variety of local and national races.
Club training is Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm.
If you are interested in joining the juniors contact Margaret Peebles for more information.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 07852 877057
If you are interested in joining the club, drop us a message using the form below. We ask for an estimated 10k time so that we can match you with one of our running groups.
Alternatively, email the club secretary at email@example.com