The Maryhill Harriers Disciplinary policy provides a framework and process for any club related disciplinary action, should it be required. It is a tool to address unacceptable conduct or behaviour promptly, fairly and consistently. On occasion, it may be necessary to impose a sanction if the conduct or behaviour is unacceptable. This policy reflects national guidance on managing disciplinary matters issued by scottishathletics.
It aims to:
- provide a clear understanding of the club disciplinary policy
- provide guidance on how the procedure should be followed
Its guiding principles are that Maryhill Harriers will:
- Treat you fairly, equally and consistently
- Establish the basic facts of any disciplinary issue and identify whether it is proven and amounts to misconduct or gross misconduct, and then follow the relevant process
- Investigate promptly and thoroughly, establishing the facts as clearly as possible
- Allow you to put forward your case and listen to your views and any mitigating circumstances
- Give you a full written explanation of any disciplinary action
- Give you an opportunity to appeal any formal disciplinary action
- Encourage you to be accompanied at disciplinary meetings
This policy applies to any person who is a member of Maryhill Harriers and includes athletes, volunteers, coaches [whether club members or independent coaches working with club member athletes] and parents. This policy takes precedent over any previous Maryhill Harriers disciplinary policy and procedures.